HelloTalk is a platform designed for language exchange. Keep reading the following article to learn more.
Learning a language can sometimes be challenging. Even though you have complete competency in grammar, things can get tricky when it comes to speaking. There are many ways to practice speaking, but nowadays, the most common and affordable ones are online websites and platforms.
HelloTalk is one of those platforms where you can help others learn a new language while working on the language you want to learn. All you need to do is sign up to the app, create and customize your account, and you are ready to use the app.
Advantages of the HelloTalk Platform
HelloTalk can be very beneficial while you are learning a new language. You can text people as well as call them to practice speaking. The following are the advantages of the HelloTalk platform:
- You can develop your language skills by talking with those who are already fluent in the language.
- You can translate the messages the other people send if you have any misunderstandings.
- You can add some messages to your favorites to go back and check the words and to practice later.
- You will have the opportunity to interact with people while you develop your language skills socially.
- There are many language options on the app such as Korean, Japanese, Turkish, Spanish, French, Indonesian, Cantonese, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Arabic, Indian, Thai and Vietnamese. There are also more than 150 languages that you can learn by chatting.
Disadvantages of the HelloTalk Platform
Like in every platform present online today, there are some disadvantages of the HelloTalk platform you need to know in advance. The following are the disadvantages of the HelloTalk:
- Some features require purchasing and payments and are not available for those who use the free version.
- Some technical problems might decrease your motivation.
- The lack of a realistic environment in a social setting.
- Inaccessibility in terms of some languages. For example, if you are a native English speaker trying to learn German, then there are many people to match with you, but you are a native Russian speaker trying to learn Greek, then the options will be way less.