Instagram is an app for socializing with people and sharing your day. Sometimes this application can be addictive when used a lot. To prevent this addiction, many users regularly follow a social media diet. To follow this diet, you can delete your social media account until the next time you use it. When you temporarily delete your Instagram user account, the system automatically hides your profile, photos, comments until you log in and open them again.
To temporarily delete your account, you must follow these steps:
First of all, account closures can be done via both web browser and mobile, we will explain these two separate branches to you separately.
From the computer:
- You must enter your Instagram account.
- You cannot temporarily close your Instagram account from within the Instagram app, only use it web for deleting your account.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner and click on Profile, then Edit Profile.
- Scroll down the screen, click Temporarily disable my account which is the bottom right of the page.
- Why are you closing your account? Make a selection from the drop-down menu next to the question and re-enter your password. The option to close your account only appears when you select a reason from the menu and enter your password.
- Finally, Click Temporarily Close Account.
With these steps, you will have successfully closed your account temporarily.
From mobile browser:
- Note that you cannot temporarily close your Instagram account from within the Instagram app, so log in from the browser.
- then tap on your profile picture and Profile in the bottom right corner of your account.
- Tap Edit Profile and scroll down the screen.
- Find and click Temporarily close my account at the bottom right.
- Why are you closing your account? Make a selection from the drop-down menu next to the question and confirm with your password.
6. And the final step is to Tap Temporarily delete the Account.