Messenger update problem started to occur recently just after latest update of the app. The similar problem has already appeared on instant messenger applications before as most recent version error. WeChat is one of those applications. If you are getting the same problem on Facebook messenger, you are going to find some solutions on here. You can leave a feedback and ask questions about our solutions.
There are too much user reports that, they needed to update the plugin over and over because of the update error. If they don’t even the update the application manually, Play Store is updating the Messenger automatically.
Messenger Asks for Update but It is Already Updated, How to Fix?
- Don’t change settings of Messenger.
- Run Play Store.
- Tap on Menu button located in search box.
- Tap Settings from the menu.
- Select Auto-update apps.
- Select Don’t auto-update apps.
- Tap on Done.
This will fix your problem temporarily. You will stop messenger to be updated over and over. It will ass for update when it is already updated but it won’t do these updates automatically now. Alternatively you can see the solution below to fix Messenger update problem.
How to Fix Messenger Update Problem
- Tap and hold on Messenger icon.
- Uninstall the latest update of application.
- Go to APKMirror.com.
- Search for Messenger.
- Select one of the Messenger versions, you can also select latest update too..
- Tap all releases.
- Tap on See Available APKs.
- Select one of the version names.
- Swipe down and download APK.
- Tap on Download.
- Swipe down the screen and tap on the downloaded Messenger file.
- Tap on Install.
- Tap on Open and Run Messenger.
If you need a better guide with pictures for this, please see our guideline on here: How to Install Old Version of Messenger from APKMirror. You can also do the same for latest update of the application with APKMirror. If Messenger asks for update but it is already updates, this solution is going to fix your problem temporarily.