Some new Facebook users don’t know about some of features of the website. One of these features is close friend feature. You can make someone close friend on Facebook and you can get highlighted notifications from this account on the main page of your account. If you don’t know how to add someone as a close friend (also known as star friend), this guideline of How to Chat Online is going to help you about that. Please let us know if you have any questions related with this subject.
- 1 How to Make Someone Close Friend on Facebook?
- 2 Make Someone Close Friend on Facebook on iOS and Android
- 3 Cons and Pros to Add Someone as a Close Friend on Facebook
- 4 How do You See Your Close Friends List?
- 5 How do You Edit Your Close Friends on Facebook?
- 6 How to Create a Close Friends List on Facebook?
How to Make Someone Close Friend on Facebook?
To make someone close friend on Facebook, you need to do the following steps:
- Go to main page of Facebook.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Visit your friends profile.
- You will see the “Friends” button to open drop down menu.
- Click on “Close Friends” section on the menu.
- Ensure that a star will appear after you click on the button.
These are steps for make someone close friend on Facebook. Now you can get the most recent new from your important friends at the top of your notifications. This is a good feature to track your good friends.
Make Someone Close Friend on Facebook on iOS and Android
If you are using iOS or Android device, making someone close friend will be different for you and you need to do the following on mobile:
- Run Facebook application on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on menu which is located tap right.
- Tap “Find Friends” on the menu.
- Swipe left until you reach the “Friends” section.
- You will see a “Friends” button near of your each friends.
- You will need to tap on “Friends” button near of the name of your friend.
- Tap on “Edit Friend List”.
- Then add him/her to your close friends list on Android or iOS device.
That’s how you can add someone as close friend at mobile devices!
Cons and Pros to Add Someone as a Close Friend on Facebook
Actually there is not any con to add someone as a close friend on Facebook. However if you add too many people, this will cause you to miss others notifications. I don’t think this will be serious issue if you add only one friend though. The only pros of this feature is following your friends and don’t miss their shares on Facebook. You will see all those important notifications after you login to Facebook. This will be one of the most important features for you.
How do You See Your Close Friends List?
To see your close Friends List, please do the following steps:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Go to news feed page.
- You will see “Friends List” at the left sidebar of Facebook.
- Click on “Friends List”
- Find “Close Friends” on the list and click on that.
- Click “See All” button.
Now you can see your close friends list on Facebook.
How do You Edit Your Close Friends on Facebook?
Please all the steps which we have told you above for edit your close friends list. After you do all these steps, you will see small profile pictures of your close friends. You can remove them as you wish from the list. All you need to do is clicking on “x” icon which will appear on the picture when you hover them.
How to Create a Close Friends List on Facebook?
If you would like to create a new close friends list on Facebook, do the steps below:
- Login to your account
- Click on Friends List on news feed.
- Click on “+ Create List” button.
- Give name to your list at “List Name”.
- Add your friends at Members field.
This is how you can create list on Facebook.