Social networks are good for spending time but they are also bad and dangerous for our privacy. However many of those social networks are providing privacy settings for us. So you can hide multiple things on your account. If you would like to hide Facebook profile from public, you will get a good guideline for that on this page. We will tell you all steps you need to do on Facebook.
How to Hide Facebook Profile from Public
Do the steps below to hide Facebook profile from public:
- Go to privacy tabs of settings on Facebook.
- “Who can see your future posts?” should be “only me” or “friends”.
- On “Limit The Audience for Old Posts on Your Timeline” tab, click on “Limit Past Posts” button.
- “Who can send you friend requests?” should be “Friends of friends”.
- “Who can see your friends list?” should be “Only Me” or “Friends”
- On “Who can look you up using the email address you provided?”, you should select “Friends”.
- You should select “Friends” on “Who can look you up using the phone number you provided?” section
- This section certainly should be “No”: “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?“
You can also assign custom settings for most of those sections above.
Who can see your future posts?
If you don’t want your profile to be public, one of the best way is limiting post shares with your friends. If you want a temporary limitation for this, you can select only me or you can assign a custom limitation for this feature.
Limit The Audience for Old Posts on Your Timeline
This is a good option for changing the privacy settings of old posts. At the first times of Facebook, there wasn’t such privacy settings. Beginners also don’t know about those settings when they created account. This option will help you to share your old posts with only your friends.
Who can send you friend requests
Random friend requests are annoying for most of us. Facebook is disabling many accounts due to random friend requests. However if you don’t want to get those requests, you can still set it with the options which we provide for you above.
Who can look you up using the email address you provided
If you don’t want people to find you with your email address, this is one of good options to disable it. If you enable this your friends are going to find you through email address.
Who can look you up using the phone number you provided
This is similar with email option which we have told you above. If you don’t want people to find you on Facebook with phone number, please select friends for this option. So people won’t find your profile with searching your phone number.
This is the most important part of security. When people search your name, second name on Google, they can see your Facebook account on search result. If you disable this option, people will not able to find your profile through searching.