Actually the question should be can you hide your name on Facebook instead of how since you can’t hide your name on Facebook. This option has never been on FB and we don’t think that there will be an option like this. However there are still things you can do for maximum privacy. You can’t hide your name from the search of the website but you can do it for Google Search Engine. We are going to give more information on this below.
How Do You Hide Your Name on Facebook?
As we have told above, it is impossible to hide your name on Facebook. However you can disallow search engines to crawl your profile page and people won’t able to find you through search engines like Google, Bing, Baidu, Yandex, etc. this is how you can do it:
- Go to official website of Facebook.
- Click on Facebook menu arrow.
- Click on Settings.
- Search for Privacy button at the left sidebar of the settings page and click on it.
- At “How People Find and Contact You” section, you will see “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your profile?“
- Click on this section.
- Mark it as “No“.
Other Good Settings for you Privacy
You can also hide many other stuff for your privacy. You can go to privacy page of Facebook and do the following stuff:
- You can hide your statuses from everyone or you can limit it with your friends.
- You can review pictures or posts when people tag you.
- You can hide your friends from public.
- You can hide your phone number from people.
- You can set who will see your email address.
Unfortunately there is not an option for removing your name or hiding it from Facebook. So you can do the alternative options which we have provided for you above.
See Also: How to Report Fake Accounts on Facebook