One of the common problems of Facebook Messenger on Android is crashing. There are many complaints about that by many users at Play Store. We will provide some solutions for you on here. Many facts in your phone or in the app can cause this trouble. Let us mention about reasons of crashes on Facebook Messenger and solutions.
See Also: Facebook Android App Not Working
Facebook Messenger is Always Crashing on Android! What to Do?
If Messenger is crashing on your Android device, there can be several reasons of it. Your FB Messenger files can be corrupted while updating or because of other applications. Your phone’s memory can be quite busy with apps you use or background application. May be you are using the outdated version of Android or you are using outdated version of Facebook Messenger. May be you are using an old phone device which can hardly run the application and there is no solution for that.
Reinstall and Fix Corrupted Files of Facebook Messenger
Reinstalling an application can fix many problems about the application and it also helps you to save time. You can reinstall Facebook Messenger and you can get rid of your problems. Reinstalling an application on Android is very easy, you should do the following:
- Tap on your settings in your Android device.
- Tap on Apps and notifications and then tap on App info.
- There will be a list of applications in the new window.
- Find Facebook Messenger from the list tap on that.
- Tap on uninstall button to remove application.
- Restart your phone.
- Go to Play Store and search for Facebook Messenger.
- Install application to your phone again.
Run a Cleaner Application on Your Android Device to Clear the Memory
Cleaner applications are also help you to clear the memory and your running applications work better. There can be many apps which can be running at background. These applications help you to disable them temporarily. Some useful applications for cleaner:
Check the Version of Android
If you are using outdated version of Android, some applications can crash on your phone. You can check version of your current operating system and you can update it with the following steps:
- Tap settings of your phone device first.
- Tap on “About Device” or “Device” icon.
- Tap “Systems” section and then tap “Check for Updates”.
- If there is any new update install it to your device.
Check the Version of Facebook Messenger
If you are using old version of Facebook Messenger, the application can crash on your phone and updating it is quite easy. All you need is an internet connection. Do the following for check the version of Facebook Messenger:
- Tap “Play Store” app or run Chrome and go to Play Store website.
- Go to Play Store page of Facebook Messenger.
- If you see “Update” button on the page, it means you are using an older version of the app. If there is not any button like that your app is up to date.