Facebook can be a dangerous platform for you personal data and your account at times. Facebook ID Number is one of the important thing you shouldn’t display on your account for your security. You can always change Facebook ID number to name in the account url. We will tell you how to do that on this page. So you will able to secure your account and your profile url will look cooler with steps above. There are various ways to get someone’s Facebook ID though, if you want to hide your ID, please don’t forget to disallow search engines to add your page to search results. This is how people can’t reach your ID.
How to Change Facebook ID Number to Name
To change your Facebook ID number to name:
- Go to Facebook and login to your account.
- Click on down arrow button at the top menu.
- Click on settings.
- You will see the username section on the page, click on edit.
- Change your username as you wish and save changes.
Once you have changed your Facebook ID number to name, you can’t take your ID to your account url back. You can see that on here: Can You Hide Facebook Username in Profile URL. You will know why you can’t take your ID back. However you can change the username anytime you wish. If you would like to do it on mobile devices, you will need to have Facebook messenger on your phone.
How to Change Facebook ID Number to Name on Mobile
If you would like to change Facebook ID number to name on iOS and Android mobile devices, you can do the following:
- Run Facebook messenger.
- Touch on the home icon which is located at the bottom menu.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top left on your phone.
- You will see the username section on the page.
- Touch on username.
- Then select edit username.
- Take a new username for yourself and save it.