If you cannot see contact names of people on WhatsApp, that means you haven’t set application settings well on iPhone or Android or Blackberry devices. We will tell you solution for this problem both on iPhone and Android for WhatsApp. We are going to tell you about these settings on here. If you have any other problem about contacts on WhatsApp, you can ask us on here with commenting this page.
Cannot See Contact Name on iPhone! How to Fix?
If your problem has occurred on iPhone or other iOs devices, you can do the following to fix the problem:
Update the Application
There can be a new version of WhatsApp for iOS and this may cause you to not see contact names on application.
- Go to App Store on your Phone.
- Tap on Updates.
- Check if there is any available update for WhatsApp.
- If there is any tap on Update to use latest version of the application.
Click here to get more information about updating WhatsApp on iPhone and other iOS devices.
Enable Access for Contacts on WhatsApp Messenger
Sometimes we disable access for applications accidentally. You may do it for WhatsApp unknowingly. You should do this to check if you disable/enable contacts for WhatsApp:
- Tap on Settings on your Phone.
- Swipe down until you see the “WhatsApp” application on the list and tap on that.
- You will see “Contacts” on the list. Please enable that.
This is all you can do for iOS devices. You can find steps for Android devices below…
WhatsApp Does not Show Contact Name on Android! How to Fix?
If you cannot see contact names on WhatsApp with your Android device, you need to do the following fix this error:
Refresh WhatsApp Contacts
- Run WhatsApp on your Android device and tap on chat bubble at the right bottom of the screen: .
- Tap on Menu icon at the top right of the application.
- Tap on Refresh button to refresh all contacts in your device.
- You will get a notification from WhatsApp that your contacts has refreshed. Check your contacts again.
Update WhatsApp from Google Play
- Click here to go to WhatsApp’s page on Play Store.
- Check the top of the page if there is an update button. If you see the button, please update the application.
- If there is not any update button on the page, it means you are using the latest version of WhatsApp. You can ignore these steps.
Click here to get information about updating WhatsApp on Android.
WhatsApp Should Access Your Contacts
- Tap on “Settings” on your Android Device.
- Tap on “Applications.
- Tap on “Application Manager”.
- Find WhatsApp from the list and tap on WhatsApp icon.
- Tap on Permissions and enable Contacts for the app. WhatsApp will able to reach your contacts now.
Display All Your Contacts on WhatsApp
- Run WhatsApp on your Android device and tap on menu icon at the top right (three dots).
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Contacts.
- Tap on “Show All Contacts”