If blue ticks (also known as Read Receipts) are not working on your WhatsApp Messenger, it can be because of these reasons:
- Your friend has disabled the “Read Receipts” feature.
- You have disable the “Read Receipts”.
However if your friend has disabled it, you will still get blue ticks from your other friends. If you are not already receive ticks from other friends, it is highly likely that you have disabled blue ticks accidentally… We will tell you how to enable those ticks again in this page for you. If you have any question regarding to this subject, please feel free to ask us.
You can also get more information about how to hide those ticks with our guideline: How to Hide Blue Ticks on WhatsApp Messenger
Whatsapp Blue Ticks not Working – How to Fix?
We are going to tell you how to fix this problem with the steps below. However you should be ensure that, this is not about other settings. If you feel that it is a bug, we recommend you to contact to WhatsApp support about the situation.
You will need to do the following steps on Android if Blue Ticks are not working:
- Tap on WhatsApp on your device and run the application.
- Tap the three dot menu of the app.
- Select settings on the menu.
- Select privacy at Settings page.
- Enable “Read Receipts”.
Please do the following steps to enable read receipts on your phone or tablet:
- Run WhatsApp Messenger on your iOS device.
- Tap on “Settings” (cog icon) in the bottom menu.
- Tap on privacy and then enable “Read Receipts)
See Also: When does Whatsapp Show Online Status?
WhatsApp blue ticks is a feature of the application that informs you, receipt has read the message. When your friend received message. these ticks are going to be grey. However double grey ticks don’t mean that your friend read that messages yet.
If you have any questions regarding this problem or any other related with WhatsApp, please leave a comment below. Our team is going to respond you as soon as possible.