If you would like to transfer old WhatsApp account (old phone number) to new phone number, you will need to do following steps on your old account first:
- Firstly ensure that old account and new account are connected to wifi or mobile network
- Run WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on Menu and go to settings.
- Select “Account” section from the setting menu.
- You will see the “Change Number” option on the account menu, tap on that.
- Type your current phone number.
- Type your new phone number.
- A verification will be sent to new phone number. Please verify your number.
- If you want to have your messages on your new phone, get backup of your messages.
Please see how you can restore your messages which you have backup recently: How to Recover Messages on WhatsApp for Android and iOS
You will need to do following steps to finalize transfer of WhatsApp account to new phone number:
- Go to App Store or Play Store.
- Search for WhatsApp Messenger on store.
- Download and install the application to your phone.
- You will need another verification step for your phone. Verify it once more.
- Finally recover your backup.
Questions and Answers
You can find questions which has been asked by our users below. If you have any other questions about this issue, please leave a comment this page. We are going to respond you as soon as possible.
How to Transfer WhatsApp to New iPhone?
It is very easy to transfer WhatsApp to new iPhone. We recommend you to take a look at this guide first: WhatsApp Cloud Backup on iPhone
That guide will help you to transfer your data. So you will not lose your messages at the transfer process. Then you will need to do all steps we have told above. You can still ask us through commenting this page, if there are any other questions you have about this issue.