We are going to tell you how will you change background color of status of WhatsApp Messenger for Android and iOS phones and tablets on this page. We have already told you how to change font styles recently. You will need to do similar steps for changing colors. Please let us know if you have any questions about WhatsApp status. We will tell you how to change these colors for Android first, you can scroll/swipe down for iOS tips.
Change Status Background Color on Android
Please follow the steps for changing color of status for Android phones and tablets:
- Run WhatsApp messenger on your Android device.
- Go to status for write a new status or update it.
- In text area you will see a palette icon located bottom left of the screen. You can see the picture below for location of palette icon.
- Tap on “Palette” icon until you get the color you like. You will get a random color when you tap that.
Change Status Background Color on iPhone
- Run WhatsApp on your iPhone device.
- Go to status to update it or write a new one on your iPhone or iPad device.
- You will see a “Palette” icon as same as Android version on iPhone/iOS too. It is located at the top right. You can take a look at picture below.
- Tap on “Palette” to get a new color.
After you are done with the color you will need to tap on blue arrow on iPhone and green arrow on Android to publish your status. You can take a look at our list for funny WhatsApp status. You can also share it with us on here if you want. If you are having problem with updating your status, please take a look at our troubleshooting guideline via clicking here.
You couldn't resolve the problem or error? You can feel free to ask us.
Visit Support Forums
You can get help from expert users on forums and get a faster answer.