To hide a chat on WhatsApp, you will need to archive that conversation on the app. You will need to do the following steps for hide a chat on this messenger on both iOS and Android:
- Run WhatsApp on your device.
- On the main page (chat feed) of the application, tap and hold on the conversation that you want to hide.
- Select “Archive” from the menu.
- Confirm to archive it.
How to Hide a Chat on WhatsApp without Archive it?
You can’t hide a chat without archive it on WhatsApp safely and normal methods. You can do it with some third parties and applications. However we don’t recommend these apps since all of them has been published out of play store. You can google those apps and find some of them. Most of those applications who has not published on Play Store, generally violates terms of usage… They can get you banned from WhatsApp because of using those apps in your app. Additionally some of those apps can breach your data without your information from your phone. That can be very dangerous for your security and privacy.
How to Get Back a Hidden Chat On WhatsApp
You hide your chat on WhatsApp with archive it and you want it to appear it again on conversation feed… So you will need to do the following steps:
- Run WhatsApp.
- Swipe down until you reach to the end of the chats pages.
- You will see a text as “Archived chats”.
- Tap on the text.
- Tap on hold the conversation that you want to unhide.
- Select “Unarchive” icon to unhide the conversation once more.
We Also recommend you to check: How to Archive All WhatsApp Chats on iPhone