Notifications still work for archived messages on WhatsApp messenger on iPhone and Android devices since archived messages has nothing to do with notifications. Besides if you ever get a message from a contact which you have archived, your chat will be visible once more. So if you think that archived messages are a good way to make an active chat invisible, it means you fail. However there are still ways to block notifications on chats. We will mention about methods to block notifications for a single chat on WhatsApp on this page for you. If you have any question regarding this issue, please feel free to ask us.
Block Notifications for Archived Chats on WhatsApp
So how will you block notifications for Archived Chats on WhatsApp? Please see below… We started with Android, please swipe down for iPhone devices.
- Run WhatsApp Messenger on your Android device.
- Swipe down until you reach in the chat list.
- Tap on “Archived Chats” text.
- Click on the archived chat which you want to block notifications.
- Tap on the contact name which is located at the top of chat screen.
- Tap on “Mute Notifications” to disable it.
- Launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or any other iOS device.
- Tap on “Chats” button on the bottom menu of the application.
- Tap on “Archived Chats” which is located at the top of the Chats Lists.
- Tap on a chat which you want to block notification.
- Tap on Mute Notification!
You can get more information about disabling notification feature on this page: How to Stop Get Notifications from Someone on WhatsApp iPhone
These are all you need to do for Android and iPhone version of WhatsApp Messenger. Please don’t forget that notifications will always work if you don’t disable them through your phone settings and WhatsApp settings. If you would like to be invisible on WhatsApp as much as you can please see: How to Be Invisible on WhatsApp