If you would like to delete a WhatsApp message before they (someone) read, you will need to do the following for iOS and Android devices. Let’s start with iPhone devices, swipe down for Android OS:
- Tap and hold onto message you have sent.
- A black colored menu will appear on your screen.
- Tap on “Delete”.
- Tap on Trash Can icon where is located bottom left of the screen.
- Then select “Delete for Everyone”.
You will need to do it a few minutes after you have sent the message. Otherwise you will not able to delete the message and other person will able to read it. You can find some other steps below to resolve your problem to delete WhatsApp message before they read.
How to Delete WhatsApp Message Before They Read on Android
To remove a WhatsApp message before someone reads it, you will need to do the following steps:
- Tap and hold onto message you want to remove.
- A green menu will appear at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “Trash Can” icon.
- Select “Delete for Everyone” from the popup menu.
As same as we have told for iOS, you will need to remove the message a few minutes after you sent it. Otherwise your partner will read the message. You can’t delete the message with other ways and tricks at all. You can only delete for yourself.
I Can’t See Delete for Everyone Option
If you can’t see “Delete for Everyone” option on the WhatsApp, there are two reason of this:
- You didn’t want remove the message soon enough after you sent it.
- You are using an older version of WhatsApp on your device.
See Also: How to Read Deleted Whatsapp Message
For example, you cannot find this option in a Symbian version of WhatsApp messenger. There is not any trick for delete messages for everyone for older versions of the application at the moment. If the situation changes, we are going to update this page. We will let you know about how to delete WhatsApp message before someone read it.