If you would like to get rid of your message backup on your Android device and delete them all, you will need to do following steps for remove them permanently:
- Firstly, have a file manager app from Play Store if you don’t have one.
- Then run the file manager application on your device.
- Check the list of files and find WhatsApp.
- Tap on WhatsApp folder.
- You will see Database folder there.
- Tap and hold database folder and delete it.
If you are saving your backups to your Google Drive, you will need to login to your drive account to remove your saved backups. These are the best options for removing all chat backups permanently on Android.
Delete Whatsapp Backup Permanently on Android
If you are not getting any backup on your device through using Google Drive, you will not need to do the latest steps which we have told you. Deleting WhatsApp Backup permanently will also come to you with some disadvantages. For example, you will not able to recover your chats at all. If you have any important conversations, we recommend you to have screenshots of it or try save conversation in elsewhere.
Do you think that your messages are deleted when you hit the delete icon on WhatsApp? Then you are wrong at all. See our latest article about this and get some suggestions for your privacy: Can Whatsapp Messages be Traced after Deleted?
When you delete a backup on WhatsApp, your chats are going to remain. If you want to delete all your chats, you will need to do it with manually. You will need to do the following for Android devices:
- Launch WhatsApp Messenger app on your android device.
- Tap on three dot menu icon of WhatsApp.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Select “Chats”.
- Tap on Chat History.
- Delete all history from your device.