Technically you can’t backup your WhatsApp messages to Gmail because it is not a cloud service. However you can still do it via using your Gmail account. You need to do the following steps to backup your messages through a Gmail account. Our steps are going to be for beginners. If you have already done some steps below, you can skip them and take a look at the next tutorial.
See Also: MeetMe Gmail Doesn’t Exist Error
How to Backup WhatsApp Messages to Gmail
Do the steps below to get a backup with your Gmail account…
Create a Gmail Account
- Go to Google Mail to create an account if you don’t have one.
- Tap on create account.
- Enter required fields and enter a valid phone number if Google asks for verification.
- Ensure that your mail is created at all.
Skip all these steps if you have an account.
Login to Google Drive
- Firstly ensure that your device has Google Drive app.
- If you don’t have Google Drive, you can download it from Google Play.
- Install it and download it.
- Login to Google account and Google drive on your account.
Backup with Google Drive
- Launch WhatsApp Messenger.
- Tap on three dots menu of the app.
- Tap “Settings” section.
- Select “Chats” from the menu.
- Select “Chat backup”.
- Tap on “Back up to Google Drive”
- Select a schedule for yourself (Daily, Weekly, Monthly auto backups) or select “Only when I tap “Back up”.
- Tap on green “Back up” button to get conversations to your account immediately.
Do you want to delete WhatsApp backups permanently, see our solutions: How to Delete Whatsapp Backup Permanently on Android
These are all you need to do for get backup with a Gmail account on your device. We have created this content due to a question of our users. You can also ask us any questions which are related with this subject or WhatsApp Messenger.