One of the most common problems with current version of WhatsApp is back button is not working while you are messaging with someone. It doesn’t allow some users to return to chat feed page. We will recommend some troubleshoot steps for you below. If back button is not working on WhatsApp, it means you are facing with a bug on your device. You can find some solutions below.
How to Fix if Back Button is Not Working on WhatsApp
- Backup your WhatsApp data at the beginning.
- Close WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap Apps > Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Restart your phone.
- Run WhatsApp.
If this didn’t fix your problem on the application, please do the following reinstall steps to fix back button problem…
- Don’t forget to backup WhatsApp.
- Tap Apps > Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Tap and hold onto WhatsApp icon on your main screen.
- Select uninstall from menu.
- Go to Play Store.
- Download Whatsapp and Install.
Using iPhone and Back Button is Not Working on My Device
There is not any clear and cache data option for iPhone and other iOS devices. However you can do it through uninstalling the application and installing again. This is how you can clear all data of an application on iOS devices. Please don’t forget to backup WhatsApp before doing that. Otherwise you won’t able to recover your chats on the app.
What to Do if Your Problem Goes On
If you have done troubleshooting steps above but your back button is not working yet, you will need to contact WhatsApp for this. However it is highly likely that they will fix this problem at the new version of the application. They are not providing solutions to users one by one generally. Since it is a common problem at the moment, it will be fixed at the next update. You can also try use older version of WhatsApp.