Android users are generally facing with new issues on WeChat after a new update. This is one of those issues. There are problems with friend verification, login, etc. Nowadays WeChat messages don’t appear on notifications is the another problem with the application.
We are going to provide some solutions for this problem on here. Actually it’s a bug more than error, you will also want to wait for next update if you can’t resolve this problem.
WeChat Messages Don’t Appear on Notifications (Solution for Android and iOS)
You will need to do the following steps if you want to fix the error:
- Close WeChat on your phone and uninstall the application.
- Go to Google Play or App Store and install WeChat on your device once more.
- Run WeChat and see if you are facing with the error again.
- If you can’t fix that with re-installation steps above with Android device, you will need to download the WeChat from the official source. Remove WeChat from your phone again.
- Firstly on your device, enable this: Settings > Lock Screen and Security > Enable Unknown sources
- Go to WeChat’s Android download page.
- Tap on Android download icon and select direct download.
- Finally download WeChat and install it to your device.
That’s done! Now your WeChat message notifications will appear on your phone. Please see our tutorial to disable sounds.
It is possible that you have change settings of your notifications. We recommend you to check your notification settings. You will need to do following steps for fix this problem:
On your smartphone:
Settings (of your phone) > Notifications > Enable WeChat notifications.
On WeChat application:
Run WeChat > Notifications > Ensure New Message Alerts is enabled. (If it is not, please enable this feature)
We also recommend you to enable Video Call Notifications. Also enable: Notification Center, Sound, Alert Sound and In-App Vibrate options on the application.
If you have any questions regarding this problem, please leave a comment below. We are going to answer you as soon as possible.