Your account has been locked and you would like to unlock your WeChat account? You will find here a guideline about how to remove the lock from your account. It’s very easy. We are going to tell it to you step by step. There are a few reasons that your account gets locked from WeChat.
This problem may occur in Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Symbian, and Blackberry devices because of several reasons. Today Wechat doesn’t support only supports Android and iOS.
Why Your Account Locked?
- Stop using Android emulators. Because of using WeChat on Bluestacks like programs and software. App Developers don’t allow their users to use emulators.
- Violation of terms. Due to violating the terms and rules of the application. If you share unwanted pictures, videos, etc. on your account. Your account will be locked.
- An unofficial version of WeChat. Also using an unofficial version of the application. We recommend you download and install the application from the App Store or Google Play.
- Too many reports. If you also get too many reports from other users, your account gets locked by developers of the application.
- Suspicious behavior. WeChat is getting sim card changes, phone region changes as suspicious behavior.
Also See: How to Unblock WeChat Account
Unlock WeChat Account on iOS and Android
- Go to WeChat Account Recovery Page. Click here to go to Account Recovery. If you cannot receive the code you will need to go to the application support page. Click here to go to the Support Page.
- Fill the form. Select an ID type. That can be your ID, Phone Number, Email, or QQ ID. We recommend a Phone number.
- Select the country and add your phone number.
- Get the verification code from the website.
- Enter the Re-Captcha characters.
- Send the form to unlock the WeChat account.
If you have already download the app from the official web page but you have an unlock problem, you should do the following steps:
- Run the application.
- Tap on the “Forgot Password” link on the app.
- Touch on “Security Center”
- Tap on “Unblock Account or Features”
The second step didn’t work for you, then follow the third one or also take a look at the Password Retrieval Failed tutorial:
- If you have downloaded your application from another site, you will need to uninstall it. We recommend you to take a look at our reinstall guide before you uninstall it. Otherwise, you may get other errors in the future.
- Uninstall all files of the app and go to Google Play.
- Download WeChat and Run it.
- This will unlock your account
That’s all you have to do to unblock an account on WeChat. If you have any questions, you can ask us here in the comment section. You can already find some good questions in the following paragraph. You can also add your review of our solutions. We will try to resolve your problem with this situation. However, we can answer your questions in 24 hours due to the busy program nowadays. You can do all these steps above on Android and iOS devices. You can ask us if you have any questions regarding this problem.
Questions and Answers
Locked WeChat Account, Unlock Instructions Not Showing in English
Downloaded the app through google play and had several important people added me. They are generally my colleagues. I sent one message to the company owner. It just told him that I added his account on the app. I haven’t run WeChat on my phone again. About 3 days later, I got a notification that my account was locked. All instructions to request an unlock are in Asian characters. I do not speak or read any Asian dialects. Please help me unblock my account.
Hello, have you ever tried the account recovery page? You can take a look at the following source. It is in the English language: https://support.wechat.com/cgi-bin/mmsupport-bin/readtemplate?t=weixin_unlock_self&step=0
To Unlock My WeChat Account
My account was blocked because I chat with many people who I don’t know them. Suddenly I got a notification to log in to the app again. Then my account was blocked by developers. I have done many ways to unlock my account but I just failed. Please help me because this app has many important documents. That is why I can’t also delete the account. Please help me!
Anyone cannot help you with this situation at the moment if you have done regular things to unblock your account but WeChat Support. Unblocking your account will take some time since WeChat is not very quick at support really. You will need to do the following steps to unblock your account with the support:
- Click here to go to the page for unblocking your account.
- Select your phone’s operating system from the “Platform” section. (Select Android if you are using it or select iOS if you are using an iPhone or any other option)
- Choose your country from the “Region” section.
- Select “Account Security” from the “Categories” section.
- You will see a “Select” section just near “Categories”, select “Account Blocked”.
- In the description you will need to give detailed information about your account otherwise they can ignore your request. Your phone number, your username (if you have one), your email (if you give that detail to support), etc. Request WeChat to unlock your account.
Then you will need to wait until the WeChat staff responds to your request.
WeChat Unlock FAQ
+ What makes your WeChat account locked?
– If you use emulators, unofficial version of the app; violate terms of WeChat; change the location of your phone or use VPN services while you are running WeChat; also get too many reports from users, your account is going to be locked.
+ How to unlock a WeChat account?
– You will need to contact WeChat support about it or you also need to find a friend to verify your account.
+ When does WeChat support response questions for unlocking an account?
– They are not going to answer very soon and don’t be very optimistic from the response of WeChat.