WeChat started to ask a friend to verify and block the account just after registration on iPhone, Android and Windows Mobile devices recently and it became one of the most common problems of the application. Since it is an account issue, there is not much to do against that but contact WeChat staff. It is because your phone number will be blocked, once WeChat ask verifying your account. When phone number has been blocked, reinstalling application or using other versions of the application won’t work for you. We are going to provide a guideline on here for you to contact WeChat staff. If you have any questions related this issue, please swipe/scroll down and comment this page.
Let’s tell you how to get rid of friend verification problem of WeChat by contacting staff if you don’t have friend to help you. If you have a friend, he should be eligible to verify your account (verification/registration). You can see what your friends need to do for verifying with our guide.
Also See: How to Unblock WeChat Account
- 1 Friend Verification on WeChat and Solutions
- 2 I Don’t Have Any Friends What to Do
- 3 Questions and Answers – WeChat Asking a Friend to Verify Account
Friend Verification on WeChat and Solutions
If you have a friend on WeChat, that’s good, you can get rid of this problem very soon. However it is reported by users that their account has been blocked just after registration and they get notification from WeChat to verify their account with a friend.
So how will you resolve this issue. Firstly you will need to find a friend who is using the application and he needs to be eligible for that.
Which Accounts are Eligible to Verify Another Account on WeChat?
The account should have these terms for assistant verification or registration:
- WeChat account needs to be 1 year-old at the least.
- The account should enabled to WeChat Wallet option.
- The account hasn’t verified any account in last 6 months.
If your friend doesn’t have all 3 terms we have told you above, he/she cannot verify your account.
How to Verify Account with a Friend on iOS and Android
If you found a friend which has 3 terms we have told above, he needs to do following. (Pictures are for android but it is same with iOS. So you can do same for iOS devices too.)
- Run WeChat.
- Tap “WeChat Team” on the conversation list. Your friend can see it at the picture below.
- Tap “Account” on the WeChat Team page.
- A menu will appear on your friend’s screen, your friend will need to tap “Assistant Registration” in the section below. Please do not confuse it with “Account Verification“. If your account has been blocked while you were using it, your friend will need to do verification step though. Registration is for new accounts.
- Your friend should select your country code first and then add your rest of your phone number to the field. The tap on submit to verify your account.
I Don’t Have Any Friends What to Do
You will need to do following steps to ask WeChat unblock your account:
- Click here to go to WeChat Support page.
- Select your mobile operating system in platform. (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, Nokia, etc.)
- Select your country in the region.
- Select “Login and Password” in category and then select “Account Blocked” at the next.
- Type description of your problem. (Focus on that you have recently registered to WeChat, your account has blocked and the app requiring you to friend verification.
- At step 2, type your mobile number that you have registered to WeChat.
- Finally, type your mail address to next field and select “Email” at “Prefer Being Contacted by” section.
That’s all you have to do. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us.
Questions and Answers – WeChat Asking a Friend to Verify Account
Cannot Unlock Account, Need a Verification from a User
I was using the app for a couple days and then it became locked. It won’t let me unlock it. It says I need verification from a user. I only had one user on it. They are a contact overseas and I don’t know how to have them unlock it. I don’t understand how it became locked. My account name is ***.
Welcome to How to Chat Online. Yes it is one of common problem of WeChat and unfortunately this is an account issue. You won’t able to fix it with reinstalling the application, deleting cache, clearing data because it is 100 percent related with the application. Any kind of code won’t also help you. You will need to contact to WeChat staff directly because it is an account issue. Do the solutions which we have provided above. However you should certainly clarify your situation that you cannot verify WeChat through a friend.
Account is Blocked No Friend to Verify
My WeChat account is blocked. WeChat wants to me to verify my account with friends but I have no friends at the moment. How can I resolve this problem?
It is the common problem of new users of WeChat nowadays. Their accounts are getting blocked by the application and the app wants them to verify users account with friend. I am sorry for the situation that you have faced… However since it’s an account issue, only a WeChat developer can fix your problem. Please follow all steps above.
Cannot WeChat Verify with Friend on iOS
I created an account a few months ago, stopped using it for awhile, but didn’t realize I had been locked out. Now I can’t hear from my friends overseas. I tried to verify my account with two other friends, but it isn’t working and the process just keeps repeating. Please help.
Your friends should have these three features in their account to verify your account on WeChat application:
1-) Your friend’s WeChat account age should be 1 year-old at the least.
2-) Your friend should have WeChat Wallet account.
3-) Your friend shouldn’t have verified another account in last 6 months.
All these 3 features are required. If they are missing one of those, it is not possible for them to enable your account.
WeChat Security Authentication Issue on iOS
I am having an issue with the signup process of Wechat. It takes me through a Security authentication on my phone. It says that a friend has to scan the Qr Code. So they scan the Qr Code and then it says that there is an error and that my friend’s account does not qualify for assisted registration and to find a new friend. We tried to authenticate through a phone number lookup as well and doesn’t work. I have deleted wechat 2 times now and reset my network setting and still, nothing has changed how do I fix this issue?
Solution for WeChat Security Authentication Issue on iOS
I have tried to reach you to find an online solution for this WeChat security authentication problem but unfortunately I failed. You can follow instructions I have told you in the mail which I have told you at next friend verification attempt.
I am sorry that you have faced with this error since it is a common problem of new registered users of WeChat and unfortunately there is not any real solution for this because this is not an application or phone issue at all. The problem is completely related with WeChat servers and your account. Generally people from United States of America are facing with friend verification problem because of some reasons and WeChat almost doesn’t accept any friend account for verification. It is kinda a bug of the app…
You will need to contact to WeChat devs to solve this problem, however they are very slow at response. You should be a bit patient about the problem.
How to Contact
Please do the following steps to contact WeChat devs:
- Click here to go to WeChat support.
- Select iOS for platform.
- Choose country for your region.
- Select “Registration” at the category field and select “Others” at the next field.
- Please describe your problem well at the description field. Don’t forget to mention about friend verification and how couldn’t solve this problem.
- Upload a screenshot if you can.
- Type your valid phone number to first field of step 2.
- Type your valid email address to second field of step 2.
- Select email as preferred contact way.
- Submit the form.
Finally you will need to wait WeChat’s response now. However don’t hurry about this.