Reinstalling is very good for fixing some problems with the application and it is also good for fixing bugs. We have provided steps for reinstalling many of instant messengers before such as WeChat, WhatsApp… Now we are going to provide information for you how to reinstall Viber on Android and iOS devices. We recommend you to follow our guidelines below for proper reinstalling process.
How to Reinstall Viber on iPhone
- Close Viber on your phone.
- Tap and hold on Viber icon at the main screen of iPhone.
- Tap x button to uninstall viber.
- Go to App Store.
- Search for Viber.
- Install Viber from App Store and complete reinstall.
Steps are easy for iPhone for reinstallation. However it asks for more effort on Android devices. You can see steps below…
How to Reinstall Viber on Android
- Kill Viber on your Android phone.
- Go Settings > Apps > Viber > Force Stop > Data and Storage > Clear Cache and Data > Go back > Tap Uninstall.
- Restart your device.
- Go to Play Store.
- Install application from Play Store and complete re-installation.
This is a little bit longer than iOS devices right? It is because you can clear cache and data from apps while you are reinstalling them on iOS devices. However you should do these actions on Android devices because you can only delete them manually?
What is Reinstalling? What is it Good for?
Reinstalling is good for fixing following errors and problems…
- Problems with notifications.
- Bugs with the application.
- Corrupted files.
- File conflicts with other applications.
- Crashing problems.
- Freezing problems.
- Freezing at video calls and voice calls.
- Problems after update.
These are the most known problems which you can fix with reinstalling. However there can be other steps you should do while you are reinstalling Viber. Such as if you are having file conflict problem, you will need to find out the other application which causes this error. This generally occurs because of other instant messaging apps.
Important note: Please don’t forget to backup Viber if you have important conversations on the application. You can use our tutorial on How to Chat Online if you don’t know how to backup the application.
If you have any questions regarding how to reinstall Viber, please feel free to ask us.