There are two different version of Telegram for Windows Operating System. The portable version and installed version. It doesn’t matter which version do you use, Telegram will save files in the same folder in Windows, which is called Telegram Desktop. If you don’t know how to find those folder, you will find some steps below.
To get files on iPhone, see: Where does Telegram Save Files in iPhone?
Where Does Telegram Save Files in Windows?
As we have told above you can find all files on Telegram Desktop folder. If you can’t find this folder do the following:
- Open a conversation that you have sent a file on Windows OS version of Telegram.
- Right click on “OPEN WITH” link which is located just under of file.
- Click on “Show in Folder”.
- Now you are in the saving folder of Telegram.
This is the easiest and the most reliable way to find that save folder of the messenger. You can find some alternative ways below.
Alternative Ways to Find Save Folder of Telegram Messenger on Windows OS
If you couldn’t find the folder with steps above, you can try this alternative way to find save folder of Telegram Messenger on Windows OS:
- Go to This PC / My Computer on your device.
- There is always a search box which is located top corner.
- Click on Search box.
- Type “Telegram Desktop” to search box.
- Wait until you get the results.
- Click on “Telegram Desktop” folder.
- Now you find the folder and saved files.
See Also: How to Backup Telegram Chat History
Telegram’s Portable Version of Windows OS
If you are using portable version of Telegram on Windows OS, this is also very easy to find the download folder. Wherever you download the portable version of Telegram, the download folder will be located just there. That’s it! If you have any question, please let us know via commenting.