Do you have problem with telegram message notifications? They don’t work at all? It is not very common problem of the application but there are still some users who are facing it. This problem can occur due to problems with in-app or phone settings. It can also occur because of the application itself. You will find some solutions on here.
We also recommend you to report to Telegram developers about the problem you had with the app.
Telegram Message Notifications Don’t Work – How to Fix?
We recommend you to begin check your notification settings first in both application and phone.
In-App Settings for Android and iOS
Do the following steps to check message notifications in-app:
- Run Telegram on your device.
- Tap Menu button which appears at the the top of the application.
- Tap on “Settings” from the menu.
- Then select “Notifications and Sounds“.
- Please ensure that “Sound, Alert and Vibrate” are enabled.
Telegram Message Notifications on Android Phone Settings
Do the following steps to check notifications for Telegram on your Android Phone:
- Go to main page of your phone.
- Tap on “Settings“
- Select “Notifications” from the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Telegram on the list.
- Tap on Telegram and ensure that “Allow notifications” section is enabled. Rest of other settings disabled.
Telegram Message Notifications on iPhone Settings
- Go to main screen of your iPhone
- Tap Settings
- Select notifications from the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see “Telegram” in the list.
- Ensure “Allow Notifications”, “Show in Notification Centre” and “Sounds” options are active. If you want to get notifications to Lock Screen, you can also select this option.
- If those options are not active, please enable them all.
I Couldn’t Fix It – What to Do?
We recommend you to contact Telegram about the situation. You can go to the support page to leave a feedback to Telegram.
See Also: How to Save GIF from Telegram Android