Sometimes you can get an error on MeetMe that won’t allow you to login. This error generally occurs as “Based on the information you provided you may not be able to log in at this time“. It generally happens when you create a second account. Also creating an account after just removing the old one… It will be reason the same problem. One of our visitors has faced with the similar error on MeetMe. We are going to provide some solutions for him on here.
We hope these solutions are going to help you to fix your problem.
It keeps telling me “Based on the information you provided you may not be able to log in at this time” I made an account I just deleted it is all and now I can’t create a new one because of this error.
|Device Brand:||Samsung S8|
|Tag:||Error with creating an account|
Things to Do for Not to Face with Same Problem
If you are getting “based on the information you provided you may not be able to log in at this time” error on MeetMe, you should do these:
- You will need to create a new account with new email address.
- Before creating account don’t forget to clear cache & data and then reinstall the application.
- Account owner shouldn’t have the same IP with the old one or any other account.
- If you deleted your old account, wait for sometime to create new one.
How to Fix “You May not Be Able to Login at This Time” Error
Let’s provide more details about those clauses that we provided above. These are key to get rid of this error…
1. Create a New Account with New Email Address
If you will get a new account just after you removed your old account or if you will create your new account, you will need to have a new email address for that. Why?
If you want to have a second account on MeetMe, you can’t already register with that email. MeetMe doesn’t already allows seconds.
If you removed your account, it seems user database of MeetMe is not updated. So you will need to have a new email address.
2. Clear Cache & Data and Reinstall MeetMe
Before you create a new account, you will need to do those steps… Force stop MeetMe, clear cache and data and then reinstall the application. However before creating an account, don’t forget to see step 3 below. How you will do all those steps? Let’s see…
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- Find MeetMe on the app list.
- Tap Force Stop.
- Select Storage.
- Tap Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Go back.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Go to MeetMe on Play Store.
- Install application again.
3. Don’t Use the Same IP with Your Old/Second Account
This is another key fact on this error. MeetMe can detect your identity with the IP you connect to the application or website. So we recommend you to change your IP. How you will do this?
- Restart (off/on) your IP router if you have dynamic IP. Please note that: it won’t work if your internet connection have static IP.
- If you are not using any wifi connection or if you have static IP connection, use a VPN. Recommended: VPN Monster
4. Give Some Time to MeetMe
For those who has deleted their account recently, giving some time to MeetMe is the best solution without any trouble. User database of the app/website will be updated and you will able to register to the website once more.
As we have told 4th is the best solution if you are getting “Based on the information you provided you may not be able to log in at this time” error on registration to MeetMe. There is not any risks of this if you have dynamic IP. Dynamic IPs can change when you start to router and your connection gains a new IP with that. However if you ever use a VPN for this, this can be detected by MeetMe staff… This can also end up another account removal…