Hangouts is a popular application which people can talk to each other via text, voice and video calls. It is a free service which is provided by Google. Sometimes people are blocking notifications of applications and websites accidentally and they don’t know how to turn on those. We are going to provide information how to turn on Hangouts notifications for you below. If you have any questions regarding to Hangouts, please let us know.
Get more information on Hangouts: Google Hangouts Desktop Notification
How to Turn on Hangouts Notifications
You can find information on how to turn on Hangouts notifications for iPhone, PC (desktops and notebooks) and Android devices.
PC & Mac (Desktops and Notebooks)
You will need to turn on Hangouts notifications through site settings:
- Go to website of Hangouts with Google Chrome.
- Click on “Secure” button where is located at address bar of Chrome. It is a green text.
- Click on site settings.
- Allow notifications that you want to receive from Hangouts.
See Also: Google Chat Desktop Notifications
There are two different ways to set up your notifications on Android devices. You can do it through your device settings and also through Hangouts settings.
- Tap on Apps and then settings.
- You will see “Notifications” on the settings menu. Tap on that.
- Find Hangouts from the list and ensure that it is enabled.
- Tap on Advanced at the tap of the menu.
- Ensure that Show Silently is not enabled.
Also do these steps for Android:
- Run Hangouts on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap on menu icon.
- Tap “Settings”.
- You will see notifications section in the settings.
- Set your “Messages” and “Incoming Calls” notifications as you wish.
iPhone allows you to set up notifications directly from phone settings. You can do the following steps to turn on Google Hangouts notifications:
- Go to “Settings” in your iPhone.
- Select notifications.
- Find “Hangouts” from the list.
- Enable notifications of Hangouts.
You can contact me through: