Hangouts is one of the best and popular conversation platforms in App Store, Play Store and also for computers. We are going to mention about desktop notification problems of Hangouts on this page and we are going to provide solutions for you. Actually solving this problem is quite easy and it will take your a few seconds. We have talked about similar solutions on our website in the past. Let’s see how to fix it if hangouts desktop notifications are not working. If you have any questions please feel free to ask us through commenting this page.
Hangouts Desktop Notifications not Working, How to Fix?
It is how you can fix this problem if Hangouts desktop notifications doesn’t work on your computer (we provide solutions for only Chrome on How to Chat Online since it is the most popular. It is also providing the best performance for conversations on internet.):
- Run Chrome in your computer. If you still don’t have one, download Chrome.
- Go to the official website of Hangouts.
- Just check the address bar in Chrome and click on green “Secure” text on the address bar.
- Select “Allow Camera”, if you want to have a conversation.
- Select “Allow Microphone”, if you want to talk to your friend with a mic.
- Select “Allow Notifications”, if you want to receive notifications.
- Reload the page.
If you can’t resolve the problem with the options above, you can try those alternative ways below to make notifications work again on Google Hangouts:
- Go to the website of Hangouts.
- Click on green “Secure” text on the address bar.
- Click on “Site settings”.
- Look for notifications section at the setting list.
- Please ensure that you have marked is “Enabled”.