If you have disabled Hangouts Desktop Notifications and if you would like it to work again, this guideline will help you about the situation. You can find detailed information about how to enable and disable desktop notifications below. You can also ask us other questions about this feature.
What do you need?
- A Computer. (Any OS will work)
- Google Chrome browser for the best experience.
Allow Hangouts Desktop Notification
You will need to do the following for enable Hangouts Desktop Notification:
- Run Google Chrome on your computer.
- Go to Hangouts.
- Open a new tab on your browser.
- Copy and Paste this to the address bar of new tab: chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fhangouts.google.com
- Hit enter.
- You will see all browser settings of Hangouts.
- There is an option as “Notifications” in settings.
- Click drop down menu.
- Select “Allow” from the options.
After you complete all these steps, you will need to reload the page of Hangouts on your browser. You can do it through clicking on Reload icon on your Chrome browser or you can refresh the page with hitting F5 on your keyboard. If you would like to disable Hangouts desktop notifications, you can see headers below.
Block Hangouts Desktop Notification
- Run Google Chrome on your device.
- Copy and Paste this line to address bar of Chrome browser: chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fhangouts.google.com
- Hit enter on your keyboard.
- There will be settings of the website.
- Search for notifications on settings.
- When you find it, click on drop down menu.
- Select “Block” from the menu.
That is all you need to do for disable Hangouts desktop notification. When you are done with steps, please don’t forget to renew the tab of Hangouts, if it was running on your device. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to ask us through commenting this page. We are going to respond you as soon as possible.