Snapchat application is a multimedia application that can be used on any smartphone with Android or iOS operating system. It allows you to send snapshots of videos called “Snaps” to your friends through this app. Once these Snaps are viewed, they are lost and the sender will be notified if they are saved. In addition, the application has a chat feature and messages become invisible within 24 hours. In this sense, this application, which attaches great importance to security, is very popular and is frequently used among young people. However, even though this is a popular application, it sometimes gets errors and complaints while running.
In this article we will analyze these problems and try to solve them as much as we can!
Snapchat App Does Not Working on Android & iPhone
Snap Map, a feature included in Snapchat, is an add-on that you can use to share your real-time location with your friends on your Snapchat, which then appears on a map to them and is updated when you open Snapchat. However, it can be frustrating to see this feature not working often. If you’ve encountered the problem of Snapmap not working on your phone, here are some fixes you can use to get your Snapchat map back to normal.
Enable Location Permission on Snapchat
There can be many reasons behind your Snapchat location not working. The first thing you should check is that Snapchat location permission is not enabled on your device. You may need to customize the location setting and open it in your Snapchat for Snapmap to work properly. In this case, you can do it by going into your phone settings. If you don’t know how, here is how to enable location permission in Snapmap on Android and iPhone.
- First, open the Snapchat app on your Phone and go to your Profile in the top left corner.
- Tap the dotted icon to open the settings page
- Go to the ADDITIONAL SERVICES section and tap on Manage.
- From there select “Permissions”.
- You will now see the Location option, so tap on it and select Allow Snapchat to use your location for Snap map.
- On Android, turn on the switch next to the Location option. On iPhone, select “While Using the App”.
Disable Ghost Mode
Sometimes this plugin not working is not related to the location settings, it may be due to your Snapchat settings in your own account which is causing your Snapchat location not to appear. If Ghost Mode in your account is turned on, you should make sure it is disabled, because if enabled, your location on the Map will expire and will not be visible to anyone else on Snapmap. If you don’t know how to disable Ghost Mode, follow the steps below to disable Ghost Mode.
- On phones with iOS or Android system, open Snapchat and go to the Map icon in the bottom left.
- You will see a Gear icon in the upper right corner; Tap on it and open Snapmap settings.
- Turn off the Ghost Mode option if it’s already on.
Clear Snapchat Cache
If the Snapmap not working problem persists after completing the steps we explained above, you can try clearing your Snapchat cache. Here’s how to clear the cache on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat
- Tap the Gear icon in the top right to access Snapchat settings.
- Navigate and find the “Account Transactions” option.
- Tap on Clear Cache at the bottom and “Continue(Android)” or “Clear(iOS)” to complete the steps.
Avoid Using VPN
If you are using a VPN connection on your device while using Snapchat, this may be the reason you have problems with the maps. To see if this is related to your VPN connection, you need to disable the VPN. To do this, you can follow the steps below.
- Open your phone’s Settings options.
- Tap Network & Internet Advanced VPN. If you can’t find this option, look for the “VPN” setting. If you still can’t find it, get help from your device manufacturer.
- To Settings next to the VPN, tap to disconnect. To disconnect you must Turn off the VPN.
Update Snapchat to the Latest Version
Application updates can also solve the errors that occur because they bring all kinds of new features and improvements to an application. That’s why it’s important to keep the apps on your phone up to date. If the Snapchat map not working issue is caused by a software bug in the app, updating the app completely will fix it. If updating the app doesn’t help, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Snapchat.
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat
If you could not solve this problem with the methods we suggested above, you can solve the problem of Snapchat maps not working with this step. What you need to do is pretty simple. Uninstall and reinstall the application from your phone. In this way, you can create a clean start from scratch by reinstalling the application.
- Long press the Snapchat icon in the main menu and a menu will appear; Click on uninstall option and get rid of the application.
- Go to Google PlayStore, search for Snapchat and reinstall it.
- Long press the Snapchat icon, click “Uninstall App” from the option, select Delete App and confirm your choice.
- Go back to the App Store and get Snapchat again.