You can’t login to WeChat with your Android, iOS, Windows Phone or Blackberry? There are many people who are getting this problem and unfortunately they can’t fix WeChat Login error because it is a little bit problematic… It’s generally because of version of WeChat. If you didn’t update your Wechat yet, you can get similar problems like this. Because we had many troubleshooting requests from our users. Most of users were generally using older version of the app. There are various reasons of this error. We are going to provide you all solutions for this error on this page. Hopefully you will able to resolve your problem with our guide.
There are some users who are confusing WeChat login error with verification problem but it is not related with this subject. If you are having problem with verification please see this page because this will help you more that login related guide: WeChat Verification Code Doesn’t Work
- 1 Solutions for WeChat Login Error
- 2 Questions and Answers – How to Fix WeChat Login Error
- 2.1 WeChat Login Failure on iPad 2
- 2.2 Why Do I Have Login Problem with WeChat on iPhone?
- 2.3 Error Code 106 When I Want to Sign Up on WeChat
- 2.4 Error Code 109 When I Want to Signup on Wechat
- 2.5 WeChat Verification Error on Used Phone Number
Solutions for WeChat Login Error
1-) Firstly clear all data from your application and uninstall WeChat. Then install it. You will need to reinstall the application on iOS devices directly because there is not anything like clearing data on iPhone and iPad devices. This will only work on Android.
2-) Have you download WeChat from official app site or OS store? (Google Play, App Store, Windows Store, etc.) If you didn’t do it remove application from your phone and install it from your official OS app store because especially app developers are fighting against unofficial versions.
3-) If you are using an old version, you will need to update it because older versions always create problems on your mobile device. If the new update gives error, you should remove all data and uninstall app otherwise you won’t able to use it at all. Then install app one of the links from we have provide for you on above. Just go to related page and click on download button. It will redirect you to related OS page. Try login WeChat again.
Fix WeChat Login Error with Official Ways
4-) Finally try contact developers about your problem. They are good at troubleshooting but they respond quite late. Click here to go to official Support Page, and do the following:
- Select your operating system on the platform section. (Choose whatever device you use. iOS, Android, Blackberry, etc.)
- Select your country on the region section.
- Choose “Login and Password” on the category section.
- Then select “Unable to receive SMS code” or “Password retrieval Failed” or “Others”. This option should be related with your login problem.
- Describe your problem and give detailed information about your device in “Description” section.
- Type your Mobile number in first section of Step 2.
- Type your email address at second section of Step 2.
- And finally Tap/Click on submit button.
You will need to wait some time after this because WeChat developers are a little bit slow. Unfortunately there is not any other good solution for fix this problem since it is generally based on account issues.
Questions and Answers – How to Fix WeChat Login Error
If you have any questions about how to fix WeChat login error, you can ask us through commenting this page. We will answer your questions with replying your comment or publishing at this content. You can find some valuable questions from our users below.
WeChat Login Failure on iPad 2
I set up the application on iPad 2 years ago but never used it. Now I am getting WeChat login error. I tried to reset the password but the email never came. What can I do? Thank you.
Thanks for contacting How to Chat Online Q&A service. Generally WeChat accounts which have not been used more than a year are blocked due to prolonged inactivity. The problem should be about that. We recommend you to do a few steps if you haven’t already done first.
Update WeChat if there is any new version of that. If this doesn’t help you, please do the step 2.
Reinstall WeChat from App Store.
After you did these steps above and if they did not help you, you will need to contact to WeChat about account block. You need to do following steps:
- Go to Support Page of WeChat with clicking here.
- Select “iOS” in Platform Section.
- Select your country in Region.
- Select “Login and Password” in Category.
- Select “Account Blocked“
- Give detailed information about your problem on Description.
- Finally type your WeChat ID and a valid email address on Step 2.
We also recommend you to see our “Account is Blocked Due to Prolonged Inactivity” guide.
Why Do I Have Login Problem with WeChat on iPhone?
I don’t know what is problem with WeChat, it was working perfectly. Then login problem appeared because of a reason. Why do I have login problem? I am using iPhone.
Since you haven’t provide enough information, we cannot guess the reason of your problem with the login. The application crashes? You are getting verification error or just it’s about login? These are important because detailed information is they key fact to resolve a problem. Well, we assume that it’s the problem about Wechat login error on iPhone.
You can do the following steps fix WeChat Login Error
1-) Run WeChat on iPhone.
2-) Tap on three dot menu of Wechat login page.
3-) Tap “Unable to Log In?” button on the menu which will appear on your screen.
4-) Tap on “Login via SMS Code” button on the page. You can see the picture below.
5-) WeChat is going to ask you “Can your mobile (phone number) receive messages?” and you will also answer it as yes.
6-) At next section make sure about your country and also phone number and tap next button.
7-) WeChat will ask you about your phone number again and you will also need to check it and confirm your number. Tap “Ok” button to confirm as we have show at the following picture below.
8-) At the next step, you will be in a page for getting a code. Finally with this code, you will able to login to WeChat and you will able to change your password. Tap on send button to get code via SMS and paste the code in code area. We have shown the code at the following picture below.
This is all you need to do…
Error Code 106 When I Want to Sign Up on WeChat
I am getting an error while I want to sign up WeChat: Error Code 106. There is any way to how to resolve this problem?
Firstly please try to change your network while you are signing up to the application. Please also ensure that you have enough space in your phone. If it didn’t work for you please do the following steps below for Android:
- Go to WeChat.com.
- Tap on Download for Android and then Direct Download.
- While you are downloading the application from the official resource do these steps: Settings (Settings of your phone) > Security > Enable Unknown Resource
- When you are done with 3rd step, install the application to your device.
- Try sign up to WeChat Again.
If it didn’t resolve your problem, please ask us again with more detailed information. Your phone model, screenshot of the error you get, etc.
Error Code 109 When I Want to Signup on Wechat
I would like to get a WeChat account and I am trying to sign up to the application after I installed it to my Android device. Unfortunately I am getting an error while I am registering an account. “Error Code 109” is appearing on my screen when I am trying to get an account. Well, I have tried a few things to resolve this issue but I couldn’t manage to fix it. I need some ideas to get rid of this problem since I need WeChat for my business in China. I hope you guys can help me about this. Thank you very much.
We are sad to hear that you have such a problem. We hope we will manage to help you about this. If you are getting 109 error code, you will need to reinstall your application on the phone. However please ensure that there is not any files of apps remained on your Android device. We have told details about how to reinstall WeChat on here.
However we are going to tell you on this page for you again.
- Please clear all caches and datas of the application from your phone first.
- Tap and hold on WeChat logo on your phone and uninstall the application.
- Go to your file manager (if you don’t have one, please install a file manager app from play store) and search for WeChat.
- If there are any files, clean them from your device. If there is not any of them go to step 5.
- Go to play store and install WeChat again.
- Run WeChat on your phone.
If this didn’t work for you please let us know with asking another question, we are going to respond you as soon as possible.
WeChat Verification Error on Used Phone Number
I am trying to set up my WeChat account for the first time ever. The lady who had number before me already had a wechat account but it was a long time ago.
Wechat asked me to re-activate my account by giving the number of another wechat user (who has had a wechat account for at least 6 months) to verify my account. Did find someone that fills this requirement. I entered my friend’s number but the verification failed. I have a message that says “Verification error – Assisted account has had non-compliance record. Choose another WeChat account to assist verification. Go back to homepage and try again“.
I do not know anyone else who has a WeChat account. What can I do now to still set up my account?
Thank you for your kind attitude in the question. There is a problem of friend verification on WeChat unfortunately. We have already got many questions about that recently and complaints about the issue. I believe the number has blocked by WeChat Staff because of prolonged inactivity. The problem is not occurring the application but your account and WeChat servers. This can be only fixed by WeChat staff (since it’s an completely an account issue) but unfortunately they are not very good at responding their customers/users.
How to Fix?
We have some recommendations for you while contacting WeChat and we will provide how to contact them step by step here:
- Tap here to go to WeChat support.
- Select your “Operating System” at Platform.
- Select your “Country” at Region.
- Select “Unable to Login” at Categories.
- Select “Account Blocked” at next section of categories.
- In description please give detailed information about your problem. Also tell Wechat staff to phone numbers (of your friends) which you have given for verification.
- Get a screenshot of your problem. (Especially screenshot of the error which includes “Verification error – Assisted account has had non-compliance record. Choose another WeChat account to assist verification. Go back to homepage and try again“ text. Upload the screenshot to the support page.
- Type your Phone number with + format to the first field of step 2. Like (+19xxxxxxx)
- Write a valid email address to email field. (An email which you check daily will be very good.)
- Submit the form.
- Go to App Store or Google Play and complain about the situation with a review.